Constitution and By-Laws of Mantalongon NHS ICT-PTA
CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS
MNHS ICT PARENTS-TEACHERS ASSOCIATION (MNHS ICT-PTA)
MANTALONGON, DALAGUETE, CEBU
(This Constitution and By-Laws was first amended in 2011)
(The MNHS ICT-PTA Officers who signed the First amended Constitution and By-Laws in 2011 were as follows):
1. ___________ (President)
2. _______________ (Vice President)
3. ___________ (Secretary)
4. ___________ (Treasurer)
5. _________ (Auditor)
6. _________________ (Board of Director)
NAME OF THE ASSOCIATION AND LOCATION
Section 1 The Association shall be known as MANTALONGON NHS ICT PARENTS TEACHERS ASSOCIATION or MNHS ICT-PTA.
Section 2 The MNHS ICT PTA is located at Mantalongon NHS, Mantalongon, Dalaguete, Cebu and the office of the Officers/Board of Directors shall be at the MNHS ICT-PTA office inside the Computer Laboratory of MNHS.
Section 1 The MNHS ICT-PTA sets the following objectives:
1. To promote the interest and welfare of the MNHS Computer Technology Students in particular, and the association in general.
2. To protect and support the school Computer Technology students in the pursuit of better education, help in the development of their character, behavior, and values.
3. To coordinate with all the General MNHS Parents Teachers Association (MNHS PTA) and other civic organization with similar objectives.
4. To boast the morale of each member and encourage them to freely exercise their rights and privilege as parents, members or teachers; participate in all MNHS ICT-PTA undertakings and accept responsibilities as members of officers of the association.
5. To undertake projects which will improve the school ICT, its students and members.
6. To initiate/conduct activities which will generate funds for the use not only in the projects/programs to be undertaken by the association but also for the sustenance of its operations.
Section 1 Any parent and/or guardian of Computer Technology student currently enrolled in Mantalongon National High School (MNHS) and duly listed in the BPS Form No. 1 (School Register) and in the Official Class Record of the Computer Technology Teacher shall automatically become a member of the association.
Section 2 Any teacher presently teaching in Computer Technology as well a TLE teacher handling Computer Tech in a grading period especially in the K to 12 curriculum in MNHS shall also automatically become a member of the association.
RIGHTS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF A MEMBER
Section 1 Every member of the MNHS ICT-PTA is entitled to all rights and privileges such as:
1. The right to vote during election on their respective year level Computer Technology PTA officers.
2. The right to have access and examine all financial records of the association.
3. The right to be informed on all matters concerning the association.
4. To avail of the right to the ICT facilities and services of the association.
Section 2 Duties and responsibilities. A member shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. To obey and comply with the by-laws, rules and regulations that may be promulgated by the association from time to time;
2. To attend all meetings called by the association;
3. To voluntarily pay the ICT-PTA Fee as per DepEd Order No. 41 series of 2011;
Section 1 –A A Computer Technology PTA Fee of One Hundred Sixty Pesos (160.00) for the maintenance of the ICT facilities in school, shall be collected from every parent and or guardian;
Section 1 -B 20.00 of which will become Mutual Aid Fund of the Association, however, collections shall be done subject to the guidelines issued by DepEd Order No. 41 which is voluntary and socialized in nature. Amount that may be collected shall be treated as General or Trust Fund of the Association.
Section 1 -C 20.00 per year shall be collected from every parent or guardian for security and safety fee;
Section 2 Donations and gifts from other sources shall likewise be included in the general/trust funds of the association;
Section 3 The mutual aid fund shall serve as:
1. The Mutual Fund shall serve as an aid fund to a certain parent or guardian who is a member of MNHS ICT-PTA whose child is a victim of school related activities;
2. Assistance and the amount to be given to a victim shall be the discretion of the officers and or board;
FUND MANAGEMENT AND DISBURSEMENT
Section 1 All funds of the general MNHS ICT-PTA shall be deposited in a bank to be designated by the general MNHS ICT-PTA Board;
Section 2 The bank account of the general/trust fund shall be separated from the account of the mutual fund;
Section 3 All funds withdrawal from the bank requires three (3) signatories, namely, the school Principal, President and Treasurer of the Association;
Section 4 Any officer cannot disburse the general MNHS ICT-PTA fund without authority from the Board of Directors in a form of a Resolution;
Section 5 All disbursements shall be covered by corresponding Disbursement Vouchers (handwritten or typewritten or computerized), Receipts and subject for audit;
PROPERTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES OF MNHS ICT-PTA
Section 1 That the Association must at all times have a file to be described as Inventory Properties which will contain an itemized description of its properties, and or remarks;
Section 2 That the information of such Inventory to be secured from past MNHS ICT-PTA officers comprising both parents and teachers who can provide information pertaining to the origin and status of such properties;
Section 3 That previous Board Resolutions pertaining to the MNHS ICT-PTA be produced as reference for the incumbent MNHS ICT-PTA officers;
Section 4 That the said Inventory on List of Properties will be kept safe inside the MNHS ICT-PTA Office or at the Computer Laboratory;
Section 5 That the Inventory List shall be divided into categories such as:
Section 6 That the Association shall create a system of securing the Association’s properties such as rules and regulations in the use of areas, and or ICT facilities:
Section 7 That the Association shall consider the creation of a volunteer Staff from among parents who shall, after receiving orientation on the tasks and procedures, assist the association by overseeing the area and or ICT properties of the Association, in accordance with rules that may be promulgated through Board Resolutions;
Section 8 That a Log Book be made available to document donations from other sources, and MNHS ICT-PTA properties brought outside school premises for repair as the case may be, must be documented for proper school notice;
Section 9 That a system and procedure be established pertaining to repairs on reparable MNHS ICT-PTA properties and or declaring as condemned and ready for disposal, certain MNHS ICT-PTA properties perceived to be beyond economic repair;
Section 10 That the Association shall consider the safety measures of areas under its control;
Section 11 That the above provisions may be amended through concurrence of the general ICT-PTA assembly;
Section 1 The MNHS ICT-PTA shall have the following officers to be collected from among the Computer Technology PTA members of each year level and section:
2. Vice President
6. Press Relations Officer
Section 2 Every Computer Technology teacher shall serve as the adviser/s of the Computer Technology Year Level PTA. He/she shall preside the election of incoming Computer Technology PTA Officers
Section 3 The year level federated officers shall also elect the same set of officers from among the officers of the Computer Technology PTA, as provided in Section 1 hereof.
Section 4 The six (6) elected year level federated officers who are also considered as members or the Board, shall elect among themselves the same set of officers as provided for in Section 1 hereof. The Teacher’s Club president will become the 7th member of the Board and has a voting capacity to elect the General MNHS ICT-PTA officers but cannot be elected into any executive position, however, the President may appoint him or her as Assistant Secretary;
Section 5 The School Principal or his or her designated representative/s shall preside during the election of the general MNHS ICT-PTA officers;
Section 6 The Principal of the school shall act as the Adviser of the MNHS general ICT- PTA;
DUTIES OF THE GENERAL MNHS ICT-PTA OFFICERS
Section 1 President – The president shall be the Executive Officer of the association and automatically becomes the Chairman of the Board of Directors. Among others, he shall;
1. To promote the interest and welfare of the school Computer Technology students in particular, and the association in general.
2. Have a full commitment to serve the General MNHS ICT-PTA (Time and Efforts)
3. Call and preside at all meetings (board and officers) and perform such functions and duties, which are inherent to the office and are delegated to him by the members of association and/or the Board of Directors
4. Sign and order the release of any amount duly approved by the officers and/or the Board of Directors.
Section 2 Vice-President – The Vice President shall exercise the duties of the president in case the latter is incapacitated. It shall also perform other acts as may be delegated by the president and/or Board of Directors.
Section 3 Secretary – The Secretary shall perform the following:
1. Keeps the minutes of the meetings of the board and officers in a book provided for purpose.
2. Delivers all notices of meetings
3. Keeps all the records of the association and accepts all letters of suggestions duly signed and submit to the board for deliberation
4. In general, perform all duties incident to the office of the Secretary and such other duties as may form from time to time be assigned by the Board of Directors.
Section 4 Treasurer – The Treasurer shall:
1. Receive all money collections and issue the corresponding receipts
2. Deposit all funds of the association at the bank designated by the Board of Directors
3. Keep and have charge of the book of accounts of the association which shall be opened to inspection by any member of general MNHS ICT-PTA.
4. Disburse the funds of the association for specific purposes authorized by Resolution of the Board of Directors.
5. Render a detailed financial report during the regular meeting of the board and/or assembly
Section 5 Auditor – The Auditor shall examine and submit the books of records of the Treasurer and certify as to its correctness. It shall also suspend or withholds payments of accounts in accordance with the adopted policies of the members of the board.
Section 6 Press Relation Officer (PRO) – The PRO shall take charge the information/dissemination to the mass media of the association’s activities.
DUTIES OF THE YEAR LEVEL AND FEDERATED OFFICERS
Section 1 Year Level Federated MNHS ICT-PTA President – The year level Federated President shall preside at all meetings of the federation and perform such functions and duties which are inherent to the office and have delegated to him by the MNHS ICT-PTA and federated members or officers and by the general MNHS ICT-PTA Board of Directors.
Section 2 Year Level Federated Vice President – The Grade Level Vice-President shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the president in case the latter is incapacitated or unable to do so.
Section 3 Other Year Level Federated Officers – Other Year Level Federated Officers such as Secretary, Treasurer, Auditor, and Press Relations Officer shall perform the same functions mentioned above in the respective positions of officers with the same title but limited only to the federation where they belong.
Section 4 Section ICT-PTA Officers – The Section ICT-PTA Officers shall also perform the same functions with that the Year Level Federation Officers but limited only to the matters concerning the Section ICT-PTA.
Section 5 The Computer Technology Teacher-Adviser, in absence of the MNHS ICT-PTA President and/or Vice President, shall:
1. Call a special meeting for all Computer Technology MNHS ICT-PTA of his/her section.
2. Coordinate and discuss with the MNHS ICT-PTA members and/or officers some issues and problems which need the consent or approval of the parents.
GENERAL MNHS ICT-PTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section 1 Composition – The Board of Director shall be composed of fifteen (15) members who shall elect from among themselves the association’s executive officers; namely; President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Auditor, who shall oversee activities of the association.
Section 2 Powers and Duties - formulation of policy guidelines rules and regulations consistent with the provisions of this By-Laws shall be vested upon the powers of the Board. However, the implementation, execution, and enforcement of the above shall be delegated and/or exercised by the officers lead by the general MNHS ICT-PTA President. Among others, the board:
1. Has the power to suspend and expel any member or officers after due process.
2. Shall identify and approve programs/projects that will be funded from the general MNHS ICT-PTA fund either partial or in full.
Section 1 There shall be a General Assembly to be held in the last Friday of July of the current school year to be called and prescribed by the school principal in order to inform the MNHS ICT-PTA on any old/new policies, guidelines, memoranda, issuances and relevant information. During the said meeting, the general MNHS ICT-PTA President shall also render the accomplishment report of the general MNHS ICT-PTA officers.
Section 2 There shall be a regular monthly meeting to the general MNHS ICT-PTA officers/members of the Board every Third Wednesday of the month.
Section 3 The General MNHS ICT-PTA President and/or the Principal of the school may call for a special meeting anytime as the situation warrants or upon receipt of written petition made by any officer or member of the Board.
Section 4 Computer Technology MNHS ICT-PTA Officers’ Meeting – The President of Computer Technology PTA may call a monthly or quarterly meeting, date and time of which may be agreed upon by the officers themselves and by the Computer Technology teacher-adviser. The president and/or the Computer Technology teacher may also call a special meeting may be agreed upon by the officers themselves.
Section 5 Quorum - Fifty percent (50%) plus one (1), constitute a quorum in every Board Meeting, except on general assembly meetings which requires 5% of the total population.
ELECTION AND TERM OF OFFICE
Section 1 The election of the Computer Technology MNHS ICT-PTA Officers shall be held fifteen days (15) after the start of the current school year.
Section 2 Subsequently after the election of Computer Technology PTA officers was held, all Computer Technology teachers shall immediately hold election for the year level federated officers.
Section 3 All Computer Technology PTA Officers and Year Level Federated Officers shall be elected yearly and shall serve for one (1) year. Unless removed, disqualified, expelled.
Section 4 All general MNHS ICT-PTA officers shall be elected by secret ballot at the annual meeting of the newly elected year Level Federated Officers. General MNHS ICT-PTA officers shall hold office for a term of one (1) year and until their successors are elected and qualified.
Section 5 Any vacancy which will be created due to death, disability, and expulsion shall be filled up by any Computer Technology PTA officers to be appointed by the Board.
Section 1 All elected or appointed general MNHS ICT-PTA officers are obliged to submit annual written reports and turn-over all documents under their respective supervision or responsibilities to the incoming elected officers upon their assumption into office. Report/s and or bank book shall be turned over to the school Principal before the closing of the school year.
Section 2 Elected or appointed Computer Technology PTA officers are obliged to turn over to the Computer Technology teacher/s all Computer Technology PTA related documents, the same period mentioned in Section 1 hereof. These provisions also hold true with the federated officers, except that they have to submit to their respective Presidents who in turn submit the same to the school Principal.
Section 3 All Computer Technology PTA Treasurers shall submit their individual audited financial reports including the remaining fund, if there is any, to their respective teacher, while the general MNHS ICT-PTA Treasurer shall submit his/her audited financial report coupled with the association’s pass book and remaining cash, if there is any, to the school Principal during the same period above-stated.
E F F E C T I V I T Y
Section 1 This Constitution and By-Laws shall take effect immediately after the adaption and approval to be made by the present set of Officers and or Board of Directors who drafted and finalized the said document.
Section 1 In its desire to have adapted and approved By-Laws as basis of the Associations existence, the present set of Officers and Board of Directors of the MNHS ICT-PTA will adapt and approve this By-Laws.
ADAPTION, APPROVAL, RATIFICATION AND AMENDMENTS
Section 1 Adoption and approval of this Constitution and By-Laws shall be made by the present set of Officers and Board of Directors or by majority vote during the regular General Assembly.
Section 2 This By-Laws may be ratified through the majority votes of all members present during any regular general assembly duly called for the purpose. However, if it is impossible to do so, adoption and approval to be made by the Officers and or Board of Directors is/are sufficient enough to make these By-Laws in effect and enforceable.
Section 3 Any revision or amendment of this By-Laws may be proposed by any member and shall be valid only when approved by the general MNHS ICT-PTA Officers/and and/or Board of Directors or by the majority votes of the members present during the Annual General Assembly.
The foregoing Constitution and By-Laws were adopted and approved by the present set of Officers on 26th of August 2011, at Mantalongon NHS ICT-PTA, Mantalongon, Dalaguete, Cebu
In witness whereof, we hereunto set our hands this 26th day of August, at Mantalogon NHS, Mantalongon, Dalaguete, Cebu
8. _______________ (Board Member, Chairman, Ways and Means Committee)
9. _________________ (Board Member, Chairman, Programs and Projects Committee)
10. _______________ (Board Member, Chairman, External and Community Involvement)
11. ______________ (Board Member, Chairman, Committee on Constitution and By-Laws
12. ____________________ (Board Member)
13. __________________ (Board Member)
14. __________________ (Board Member)
15. _________________ (Board Member)
- - - o 0 o - - -
1. The full text of the Constitution and By-Laws above was copied by MNHS ICT Coordinator from the xerox copy provided upon request by the MNHS ICT-PTA Secretary __________________ last __________ 2012.
2. Article VII entitled PROPERTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES of MNHS ICT-PTA were amendments proposed by Mr. ____________ as a result of his discovery that the MNHS ICT-PTA has, over the years, able to finance as project the structures enumerated below, hence, understood to be MNHS ICT-PTA properties: